WILDFIRE PREVENTION TRAINING
Position yourself to be able to serve a market that is poised for massive growth!
Location: 3120 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, CA 91791
Become a Partner By Attending our Wildfire Prevention Training
The purpose of this training program is to develop an understanding of fire science, wildland fire behavior, home hardening, vegetation management and the use of long term fire-retardants, in order to properly assess and protect a structure and its surrounding property from potential fire threat.
Day 1 – Wildfire behavior and fire science
- Property Insurance and wildfire prevention requirements
- Learn how to create wildfire property risk assessments
- Recognize immediate structural and vegetative wildfire hazards
- Home hardening fundamentals
- Vegetation management
Day 2 – How to increase the structural survivability
- What is LTR / Phos-chek?
- Why LTR is a crucial piece of wildfire prevention
- Hands on Training (Pumps, hoses, mixing, and applying fire retardant etc)
- Marketing your wildfire prevention business (marketing materials and flyers)
- How to Bid on Home Hardening & Phos-Chek Projects
- Monthly virtual coaching/training class
*This first 2-day session requires participants to pass the exam with a minimum of 80% success rate, for course completion. Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a course completion card valid for one (1) year from date of issue.
* Incident Safety Awareness for the Hired Vendor * MUST BE COMPLETED BY OUR PARTNERS/VENDORS
- This eight (8) hour course is required for all Hired Vendors working with the USFS or CAL FIRE on any active wildland fire assignment. This course provides an awareness of fireline safety to hired vendors who plan to engage in wildland fire suppression and other incident support activities.
- Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a course completion card valid for one (1) year from date of issue.
- This course is separate and must be completed by the vendors. We can guide you on where to find these trainings.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 1 World Way, Los Angeles CA 90045
Ontario International Airport (ONT) – 2500 E Airport Dr. Ontario, CA 91761
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriot Los Angeles West Covina – 3211 E Garvey Ave N, West Covina CA 91791
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn – 3275 E. Garvey Ave N, West Covina CA 91791